Wednesday, January 12, 2011

RANT #2: Snow is a Pain in My Ass!

Snow.
Except for skiing, snow ball fights, and maybe a sleigh ride, snow sucks.
It sucks to shovel,
It sucks to drive in.
It sucks to walk in.
And - IT SUCKS TO RUN IN.
Ok, truth be told, I actually love to run in snow - except when I have to do an interval set or hard/tempo run. Then, the footing is treacherous and the times I put down reflect that - and that sucks.
I have to hit the track today for some 600's - looking forward to that. But, the initial warm up of 5-6km, which I will do outside on trails unshovelled [hence, uneven and slippery] will not be as much fun. 
And the drive to the track? Don't even get me started! It is an immutable, universal fact: 1mm of snow or more=the lousiest, slowest, craziest, stupidest driving. Why, for god's sake, can drivers', who endure snow EVERY year, not learn - we need a new paradigm.
And then it starts to melt and we have slush hell...
Ok, now I feel better - off to track tonight, unless Balto needs help out there.


don't eat yellow snow
Johnny Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment