Monday, January 17, 2011

Parenting 101

I used to question whether it was the "right thing" to do when I would get my young goalie up at 6:00am on a freezing cold winter morning to make his 7:00am hockey practice (goalies at that age take FOREVER to get ready!!).
I would quietly slip into his room and gently shake him awake; he would roll over in bed, and refuse to get up - and who could blame him? It was dark, far too early and bloody cold. But get up he would and off to the rink we would drive.
But, notwithstanding the fact he actually loved playing hockey (and was a really good goalie), he would mope all the way downstairs, sullen in his still sleepy state, and the whole way to the rink would mutter - none too sotte voce - that this was a form of "child abuse"...
then I saw this.

Wow. This is beyond comment.
Let me just say: "ouch. friggin' ouch."
johnny boy

No comments:

Post a Comment