Sunday, October 31, 2010

Worse than "Hockey Parents"?


Growing up in a sports environment where parents, could, on occasion....[note sarcasm] get a little too involved in the on ice/field/court action, this "rant" made me laugh - albeit ruefully.
One of the nice things about racing as an adult (at best, I would like to think of myself as an adult, which many around me would tend to argue is stretching the truth) is that i don't have to often witness the diatribes, etc. of the "helicopter" parent who so desperately wants to live vicariously through their kids. Sure, every once in a while I may have to race against some wankers, but at least they are only idiots themselves - not too or around their kids.
But, I have to say, I would have loved to have seen/heard this "rant" (the one above) live. And if you do not think this is the BEST BLOG YOU HAVE EVER - EVER - read, "I WILL FIGHT YOU".
Happy Halloween,
Johnny boy 

No comments:

Post a Comment